Kalahari Biltong Recipe Series | Avocado & Toast
Spicy Peri Peri
How it's Made
Biltong Avocado & Toast
January 03, 2018
If avocado and toast aren't apart of your weekly breakfast routine then you are seriously missing out!
Avocados are loaded with healthy fats, fiber, and various important nutrients. They've got more potassium than bananas and let's face it, we all could use more potassium.
Avocados and avocado oil are high in monounsaturated oleic acid, a "heart healthy" fatty acid that is believed to be one of the main reasons for the health benefits of olive oil. Really, there's no excuse not to eat an avocado, especially when there is Kalahari Biltong involved.
Follow the recipe below and have your taste buds blown. It's love at first bite…
Avocado & Toast Recipe
1. Cut the avocado in half, remove pit, and scoop the flesh into a bowl.
2. Add the lemon juice and sea salt, to taste. Mash the ingredients together with a fork, keeping the texture slightly chunky.
3. Spread half the mash onto each piece of toast.
4. Dash a pinch of sea-salt and a drizzle of olive oil.
5. Now, for some options & variations add one of the following: preference of fried-egg, arugula, heirloom tomato slice, mozzarella & basil, etc...
6. Finally, garnish with your favorite flavor of Biltong and enjoy...!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.